A Yoeman in old England was a Freeholder, next under the rank of Gentleman, and in the early times one who owned a small landed estate. Robert of Shalford was such a man. He owned property in Shalford and Royston. He was the son of John Foote of Royston and the father of Nathaniel Foote the Settler.
- Birth Date: before 1552
- Birth Place: Royston, Hertfordshire, England
- Christening: Unknown.
- Death: January 28, 1607/08
- Burial: London, England.(Colchester,Essex)
- Marrage: Joan Brooke on June 18, 1576
- Children: nine children
- Generation: Second Generation In England
- Father: John Foote of Royston
- Mother: Helen or Ellen Warren_(Waryn)
He married Joan Brooke June 18, 1576 in St Leonard's Eastcheap, London, Eng, daughter of John Brooke and Elizabeth Wetman. She was born June 18, 1559 in London, England, and died October 10, 1634 in St Leonard's Parish, London, England. She was a member of the leatherseller company of London.
He was the brother of John Foote of London, and the father of Nathaniel Foote "The Settler."